Portland, ME

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Waldos -- Sludged Out Fish Logic


On my recent trips back to Portland I've been subject to various testimonials by members of Portland's underground scene which have assured me that this band was nothing short of amazing. I have to say I was excited to hear a band who had so impressed  the likes of folks from Red Medicine and Pamola. The band's latest and (tentatively) first set of recordings is called Sludged Out Fish Logic and is available for streaming on the band's bandcamp site and it does not disappoint in the least, in fact my only complaint is that the record is only five tracks long. The Waldos blend hardcore mathy goodness with esoteric jazzy tinglings which conjures the sensation of being underwater during a rainstorm. 
Sludged Out Fish Logic is a welcome addition to the myriad of great local releases coming out of Portland's underground recently.

Favorite Track:



No comments:

Post a Comment