Portland, ME

Monday, March 21, 2011

Corrupt Government -- Demo 2011


I definitely needed to hear these tracks. Recently I've found myself sinking into new records from the likes of Radiohead or Explosions in the Sky, and while great in their own right I knew I was missing something from my musical diet. 

That thing was some serious, balls to the wall DIY hardcore and I thank Corrupt Government for giving me what I need. The band was formed in Saco, Maine in 2009 and although they are still recording music, a live appearance is doubtful as the band is now spread over New England. Out of nowhere  though they seem to have gotten together to record and master some tracks at Chump Change Recording in Portland, ME. 
The result is best described as energetic and satisfying; the band's deep riffy sound is accompanied by frantic percussion and delightfully jagged vocals which when blended together is guaranteed to make you want to punch someone in the face, I know I do. I wish this band was still around and playing shows, because this demo makes me long for a classic hardcore show. This new demo is available for free on bandcamp, take a listen and enjoy!

Favorite Track:




No comments:

Post a Comment